Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spudnuty

Default Low Power FM Transmitter?

GregS wrote:
In article .com, wrote:

Ralph D. wrote:
Hello.

I am aware this may not be the most correct group for this question, but
there are often some here who may know the answer.

I would like to transmit an FM signal at, say, the 88 end of the dial at a
power just strong enough to get around an acre or three out here in the
country. I don't know what the power regulations are (and don't care too
much as there aren't many folks around) but so long as I can listen to the
signal on an FM radio nearby I'd be happy.

Is there a transmitter available for cheap such as a HAM unit of some sort
that maybe can cross over slightly or something? I know that FM radio is in
the middle of the TV band, but is there room there that is used by some
other communication that I could maybe run without an antenna so as to not
walk the signal further than right here?

Does a poorly tuned FM transmitter throw harmonics like AM does?

If you had an FM signal to get out around home, how would you do it?

I have fooled around with the simple one chip stereo transmitters. I
was getting
almost 1000 feet with a slightly longer antenna than recommended, but
this
was noiisey this distance, and tended to follow the power poles. With
the recommend
antenna, these are legal.

Are you trying to broadcast your own music around the farm? I've built
Harry's stuff:
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/
I've got it around here somewhere. It worked pretty well.
Richard