Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default What is it? CII

Norman D. Crow wrote:
"LDC" wrote in message

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:55:47 GMT, John Husvar
wrote:

588: Some variety of cable stripper?

Yes. Used by telephone installers on the drop wire from the pole to the
house.

589 Keyhole cover. Don't remember where I saw them, but they hang on a
screw above a keyhole, hanging down by gravity. Push to one side to insert
key.

Yer dead on! I submitted that one. I picked it up from a trash heap
behind a hardware store (ironmongers?) in England about 30 years ago.

They were used to keep the Butler from seeing what he shouldn't see. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)