Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
rigger

Default What is it? CII

LDC wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:55:47 GMT, John Husvar
wrote:

588: Some variety of cable stripper?

Yes. Used by telephone installers on the drop wire from the pole to the
house.

Yep, very handy. I use mine for slitting open all types of
multiconductor cable.

There's an adjustment to control cutting depth, you can use it on two
thickness' of cable without further adjustment, and to top it off you
can easily remove the blade for sharpening. Found mine in a pawn shop
about 22 years ago and I'll never get rid of it. Don't know of a
source of supply though. ;(

dennis
in nca