Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Default H/D TV

That's not true. The only thing being shut down is analog broadcast TV
(NTSC). It's being replaced by digital broadcast which is also free,
the same content, plus HD capability and it's already available in most
areas.

Really? Are you saying that they are going to broadcast (that means radio
waves) a digital signal that can be received via antenna?

yes, most stations already have a digital counterpart, for FREE.
That's how many of us get High Def programming, over the air,
absolutely free. In fact, the quality is better than cable or
satellite because the compression over those services are greater than
OTA (over the air).

Go to www.antennaweb.org, type in your zip, and you can see what
stations are broadcasting digitally in your area.

Or are you talking
about a digital signal that is transmitted via satellite that is recieved
via dish? Give me a link so I can learn more about this new free service.

This is not satellite. Most digital stations are broadcast in the UHF
band.