Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Mini Review - Grizzly (ShopFox) Fractional Dial Caliper

In article . com,
wrote:

(I still blame it on the lighting though if
anyone is around.)

My barber tells me that his lighting is the best---- it shown no grey.

I have found that instrument to be worth its weight in gold when
looking for the exact bit to drill for a tap.

I'm old school. I always had a vernier caliper in my tool box.
Good quality Japanese stainless construction, now 25 years old and flawless.
I use it all the time for everything... setting depth, small settings on the
table saw..etc. Between that and my 12" stainless RULE, I'm all set.

None of this fancy-pants dial stuff for me, that stuff breaks.

I bought a low cost digital caliper a few years back. The replacement odd-ball
battery cost more than the whole unit itself.... me no happy.