Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default NYW Shop Clock..why oh why

Joe Barta wrote:

I remember distinctly seeing a caption below one of the pictures
noting that while the wood paneling and various woodworking were
currently a natural type finish, when the home was built it would have
been common for the woodwork to have been painted, and in fact this
interior had been stripped of paint at some point. I thought... paint?

I remember reading something about wealthy people having painted
woodwork, while common trim was natural. Some of the painted built up
trim was cherry or mahogany! G

Apparently paint was very expensive at one time and only the wealthy
could afford it.