Posted to rec.woodworking
Pig

Default Mini Review - Grizzly (ShopFox) Fractional Dial Caliper

Couldn't agree more. Got mine at Woodcraft, they had it on sale for
about $35 or so after christmas. Stainless, chinese, accurate, best
$35 I ever spent. Regular price was $49. Grizz likely has the same
item.

Mutt

Swingman wrote:
Made in China, 6", stainless steel, dead accurate against my brass setup
bars, rack and pinion adjustment has no backlash, fit and finish is much
better than expected, very easy to read dial, marked in 1/64ths and .01, but
easy to interpolate to 128ths, and about the only con thus far is that it's
too heavily made for a top apron pocket

In short, a very nice, solidly made, 'woodworking precision' tool for $35
plus $9.25 shipping, ordered from the Grizzly website, arrived in four days
including a weekend.

I'm impressed, and would do it again.

--
www.e-woodshop.net