Posted to alt.math,sci.math,sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Omndiagonal Serialization and Monitor Design

Thank you, Tim.

Indeed, the electrostatically-deflected CRTs associated with electron
microscopy offer a promising market for such complex deflection
geometries. I will see what I can do with the Windows Media Player SDK
on the one hand, and the Tek scope on the other.

I think that the difference between electrostatically-deflected and
electromagnetically-deflected CRTs is the difference between C and L,
simply put. We have ways of generating high potentials accurately, but
current foldback is less available. Thus, as you wrote,
magnetically-deflected CRT monitors usually sweep the same way each
time. This is more a characteristic of the driving circuitry than the
CRT itself, in my opinion.

Doug