Posted to alt.home.repair

Default H/D TV

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:35:31 -0600, "twfsa" wrote:

Toshiba 52 in DLP, had the cable company ( Cox )out about 2 weeks ago, to
install a cable card in my TV as it has a built in tuner and there is no
need for a external box, the problem I am having is, I can't get all the
channels in high def I am supose to all the time.

The cable company has been out 2 times checked the signal,programed the
card, all the connections and every thing checks out, they re-program the
set to learn the channels, that works for a day or so then I start to loose
channels, they are telling me that the TV manufacture and the cable card
manufacture ,are sometimes not on the same page and its takes the card a few
times to learn and hold the channels.

Got them coming out tomorrow to check it out again and I want a different
card.

Anyone else experiencing the same or similar problems, with a cable card.(
Motorola card ) I don't want a big ass cable box on the tv when I paided for
a built in tuner.

Thanks
Tom

TV is getting way too complicated....
I just turn mine on, flip channels with the remote and watch it.
Well, once and awhile i got to rotate the antenna.
But no cards, no worry about HD, none of that, and best yet, no
monthly bills.