Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeP

Default Solid Surface Countertops

In article _JEIf.65222$gS.38671
@fe06.news.easynews.com, lid says...
Does anyone have any experience installing kitchen countertops? I
found a company that sells "solid surface kits" via the web
but don't know if I should tackle this kind of a do it yourself
project myself.

Big snip by me to get to my point, DIYer ability.

It depends on the skills/experience of the DIYer and
the complexity of the project.

On the web site, Fred's kitchen looks simple.
Fred's project was all straight runs, each run
appears to be less than one sheet long, no 'L' tops,
no 'U' tops, no angle tops. If the walls are
straight, Fred's kitchen is easily doable if a DIYer
can measure, template and order accurately. In other
words, Fred's kitchen has no on-site seams, no on-
site trimming, no on-site cuts.

The question is could Fred or some other DIYer
accurately measure/template a kitchen with Ls, Us,
angles, bowed walls, unlevel floors and adjust for
less than perfect site conditions? .... Who can
tell by reading a news group article?