Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Pat on the back for myself (gloat)

OK Leo. I looked at the page, it worked fine, and I was really knocked
over by that willow burl bowl. WOW.

I would have been really impressed by the white ash, but after seeing
the willow, it was just spectacular, not jaw dropping.

So.... tell us. HOW in the world did you get that piece of willow burl
mounted? It is so big, and looks to be really unbalanced, and I can't
for the life of me figure how you got it mounted up well enough to do
some finish work on it. I didn't see any sign of how you held it.
?????

Another quick question. I have turned a fair amount of white ash, but
none like that, and none that color. Did you tint or stain it before
finishing?

Nice job on the new album, too.

Robert