Posted to rec.woodworking
Searcher

Default OT - My best friend is gone...

Well, thanks for clearing that up, My wife and I did not know anything other
than the older dog did not get along with the child.
I know what your going through, I was on a "high school vacation" with a
girlfriend when I called home, (this was before cell phones) My mom broke
the news to me that my police drug dog dropout had died.I had her (well we
had her)since I was about 10 when she did not succeed in police training and
I was 16 at the time she died. I have since had two other dogs both have
been Yellows, my other was a long haired Shep.The Yellow that we bought last
year was "for my 4y/o son" at least thats what I told my wife, she's more my
dog then his right now but those two are growing up together and I wouldn't
have it any other way! It took me 5 years before I would get our present dog
I was more heartbroken about my first yellow than any other because he and I
went through alot together and we both had 1500 acres that we lived on, and
being from a well off family I had more time on my hands to spend with him
then most. It was like a neverending hunting story, now I have more
responsibility and less money!

As everyone else here professed , I am sure our dogs are somewhere
having a grand ole time.

Searcher