Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mini Review - Grizzly (ShopFox) Fractional Dial Caliper

Swingman wrote:

I'm impressed, and would do it again.

I was really surprised at how accurate they really are. I use it for
all kinds of things, feeling like a real technician when I whip that
out.

One thing I have found it to be indespensible for, it telling me the
sizes of my drill bits. Can anyone really read the writing on the 1/8,
5/32, or any other of those damn things? And as the eyes get weaker, I
don't have a chance. (I still blame it on the lighting though if
anyone is around.)

I have found that instrument to be worth its weight in gold when
looking for the exact bit to drill for a tap.

Robert