Posted to alt.math,sci.math,sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jasen Betts

Default Omndiagonal Serialization and Monitor Design

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.math.]
On 2006-02-15, wrote:

Does any media player you know of accept drop-ins or plug-ins that
provide a display to accompany audio?

XMMS, (prolly many others too)

One advantage of this notion for CRTs is that the display always stays
centered. The deflections are simple triangle waves. The actual drives
to a conventional coil-yoked electromagnetically-deflected CRT are
somewhat involved as there is an impedance in the circuit. A Hammond B3
organ or emulator might come in handy for development, with its
approximations to musical intervals in the form of wheels and gears. My
Tek scope is electrostatically deflected. We'll have to see what works.

Another advantage is zoom ability. When the display is centered, and
stays that way, merely "turning up the volume" gives a zoom.
Conventional integrated amplifier volume controls provide some 70 db of
"zoom". That's a lot more than a monitor would need.

Are there any methods to prevent reflection of an electron beam from an
envelope when a raster is zoomed larger than the screen?

turn it off?

Would a slightly different envelope shape avoid the reflections usually
seen when a monitor is severely overscanned?

Where do these reflection occur and how?

I have given disclosure in the past so this method is not patentable.
You may consider it open source and I would like some advice on using
the GNU intellectual property licensing method, should I or we develop
anything of significant value.

The main problem I see is that you need to scan in two dimensions at high
speed whereas with a conventional setup only one dimenstion is scanned
rapidly

Bye.
Jasen