Posted to alt.math,sci.math,sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Omndiagonal Serialization and Monitor Design

No way am I reinventing vector graphics, Tim and Keith.

This is a diagonal *raster*, not a vector display. I didn't write much
about how the atomic serializations can be expanded, and I will soon,
but I am tired, and it's almost 3 AM, so I am going back to bed. I
don't sleep well.

Basically, you start with 6x4, you embed 3x5 in each pixel to get
18x20, you do it again with 5x3 to get 90x60, and you pad 90x60 with
sync/blanking bits to get something even and otherwise coprime, which
is topologically equivalent to 4x6. That is, it is a raster format that
can be displayed diagonally in a continuous loop. Then you do it again
to take 90x60 up to 1350x900 and pad again. Or you include every even
and otherwise coprime pair with aspect ratio suitable to your CRT to
offer a range of resolutions. It's finite math. I hope it's not
numerology!

I'll try to expand tomorrow night.

Doug