Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Default saw something really unsafe yesterday:(

wrote:
have you ever seen a pizza hut burn? Several have had fires locally all
that grease, they really go good
( firemans lingo for BIG fire)

I was under the impression ALL compact fluroscents had to burn base
down, apparently thats not true.

a good buddy used to be a pizza hut manager and those accent lights
were always a maintence issue. if the compact fluroscents last it will
be a good thing and save energy.

I used to use a compact fluroscent in my pole light, for whartever
reason they only lasted 6 months, and the one outdoor pole light
special 20 buck one died in 2 months.

I use a lot of them around here to save energy $$. But they dont last 4
or 5 years as advertised.

I have 2 outdoor yard lights, base up in glass globes. Been there over
10 years and haven't failed yet. Of course they burn 24/7 (too lazy to
turn em off) so maybe the lack of cycling is extending their life.

Harry K