Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Solid Surface Countertops

"rider850r" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have any experience installing kitchen countertops? I
found a company that sells "solid surface kits" via the web
but don't know if I should tackle this kind of a do it yourself
project myself. It seems like a doable DIY project plus I will save
close to 50% doing it my self. That's alot of money. I have been
quoted $5000 for the project from an installer but I can get
everything I need including shipping costs for almost half that
amount from this company.

thanks ahead of time

There web page reminds me of Home Depot weekend classes. With 30 minutes of
class you can tile a kitchen. They always make it sound so easy " If you
have a pencil and a tape you can do it". One thing I know for sure the
minute the truck drops it off at your house, The warranty is loaded on the
truck headed back to the shop. Sit down I figure the tools you might
buy/need. Blades,Bits. clamps ect. Then misalanious supplies. Then see what
you really save. One thing you can't buy or save on is experience.