Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Default Modern Maid Oven/Range Repair

wrote:
I am attempting to repair an electric 1993 Modern Maid Oven/Range Top.

One day a pot of water spilled on the glass cooktop and suddenly the
oven temp went soaring and finally the digital display flashed F1 and
kept beeping. The only way to shut it down was to cut the power at the
circuit breaker. I ended up ordering a new ERC board (Control Board
with clock, temp display, etc.) and I still got the same results. I
checked the temperature sensor and it had good continuity so, I don't
think that is the problem. I was told that it could be the relay board.
Where is that located and how do I test it? Is there something else I
should be testing?

My knowledge of electronics is very limited and I'm hoping this is
something I can do with a little helpful direction from anyone in the
group. The wiring schematic on the back of the oven is not much help to
me as I still don't know what/where to test.

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

I am attempting to repair an electric 1993 Modern Maid Oven/Range Top

Model#?

I was told that it could be the relay board

If your model even has one.

the digital display flashed F1

Something that may help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/fault_codes.html