Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,alt.engineering.electrical
Anthony Fremont

Default Repairing a TV remote control - new LED

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:30:19 GMT, "Anthony Fremont"

Then please tell me how an LED can now be blindingly bright with 20mA

if
they aren't more efficient? They're a far cry from the things of
yesteryear. Examples abound, traffic lights, tiny flashlights

etc....

The discussion is about NON visible spectrum LEDs and no, IR remotes
do NOT "typically use a resistor" for the current limiting, it is a
controlled, driven circuit.

Elaborate on that if you would.

There has been no reason for IR LED makers to make versions that are
like those of the visible spectrum arena, which is far more diverse,
and has far more applications being addressed. That is why "high
brightness" versions even ever came to be. It called demand. There
has been no demand for making communications IR LEDs any more powerful
than they are, though I am sure some are out there, one poster
mentions buying an entire new unit and pulling the LED from it. It
would likely be cheaper than digging one up somewhere.

You're a lunatic and I'm quite sure that Vishay thinks so too.

How much is one's time worth?