Posted to rec.woodworking
John Thomas

Default OT - My best friend is gone...

Greg D. wrote in
:
[snip]
Goodbye boy and have a good time up there!

Greg D.

Greg,

Sorry for your loss, but as painful as these decisions are, it sounds
like you made the best one.

We had to have our big guy put down about a while back. It was a
decision we struggled with for a long time. He had cancer in one kidney
- we had that one removed. The vet said we might have another 6 months
with him; we were lucky, it was well over a year. He finally started
getting agressive, too.

We'd lost pets in the past, suddenly; but this was a whole different
level of difficult. In talking to the vet once, about "the right time",
she made a comment that really helped. Her analogy was "How do you know
when you're going to fall in love?" - you don't -- it's just something
you *know*; it sounds like you knew this was the right time.

Again, you have my sincere condolences.
--
Regards,

JT