Keith Marshall

Default Spam from Korea

Is anyone besides me getting a spam from Korea which you can't get rid of
it? Twice now I have received one, which, once clicked on to delete,
automatically sends you to a porno web site. Once there, there's no way

get rid of it, at least not with my limited experience with computers.
Three times I just turned off the computer then waited while it did a
Scandisk to verify for errors.

I don't know if I've gotten the same thing but I think I may know how it's
working and how to stop it. I use Outlook for email and Outlook Express for
newsgroups. In Outlook I've noticed a few messages lately that ask for a
receipt to be sent when I delete the message. I have an option set that
tells it to ask me before sending a receipt for when a message has been read
and it apparently works for deletion too because it asks me if I want that
receipt sent. I always say no so I haven't had what you're describing
happen to me but I'm guessing that you don't have that option set and the
return receipt is triggering the problem.

If you're using the latest version of OE here's how to set the the option:

Click on Tools and then Options and select the Receipts tab. There is a
section called
"Returning Read Receipts". Select "Notify me for each read receipt
request". Later on you can set it to "Never send a read receipt" if you
want but for now I'd leave the option in so you get a confirmation dialog to
verify that this is what's been happening.

I'm not sure this will have the same effect in OE as it does in Outlook but
I think so.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"