Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Don Klipstein

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

In article oaKIf.32815$jR.27721@fed1read01, Mark Fergerson wrote in part:

BTW, global temperatures regularly go through wide excursions, often
lasting much longer than the miniscule periods Ecologistas want to talk
about (say 1800-today). Frinst, the dinosaurs got along quite nicely for
dozens of megayears with the global temperature a good five degrees
warmer than today's most pessimistic average estimates. Frinst, at the
beginning of the Triassic, global temps averaged 50-60F.

Granted there was a lot of desertification, but there was only one
continent straddling the equator for much of that period. Today's
continental arrangement proffers different global heat distribution.

And of course, dinos didn't have air conditioning. ;)

Besides, the Solar Constant isn't; the sun has steadily gotten
brighter since it first lit up, and is going through a short-term
"bright" phase despite the current relatively low sunspot count (cf.
"Maunder Minimum").

I have heard of a roughly 110 year "supercycle" or roughly 10 of the 11
year cycles, and solar output varies basically inversely with the sunspot
count. I think the minimum was around the sunspot peak of around 1970,
maybe around the sunspot peak of around 1980 but I am not positive.

I think it is worth comparing global temperatures to where they were 110
years ago.

- Don Klipstein )