Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Nick Hull

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

In article ,
(Ken Smith) wrote:

In article ,
Spehro Pefhany wrote:
[....]
Using mpg fuel consumption:

miles per hour = ((income in $/hr) * mpg)/($ per gallon)

Since the fuel use rises as the square of speed, in the range we are
talking about, we can use the MPG at 60 and write:

Y = (I * MPG60)/((Y/60)^2 * P)

if I did my math right:

Y = cubert( I * 3600 * M / P)

whe

Y = speed in MPH
I = income in $/hr
M = MPG at 60
P = price in $/gal

Tryin with some easy values:

Y = cubert(100 * 3600 * 30 / 3) = cubert(3.6E3) =150+a little

"You mean this is highway 80 and the speed limit is 65! Well in that
case, I'm gald you didn't catch me on the 205 last night."

Your calculations failed to include the increased failure rate at high
speed and the increased shakedown from the cops

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/