Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.models.rc.air
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Default Glues and Their Proper Storage

In article
,
says...

"Too_Many_Tools" writes:
The contact cement I have seems to solidify even when there is solvent
still in the can...very curious since I thought contact cement was a
solvent evaporation process.

I bought a can (about 250ml) of Contact cement about 15 years ago. Every
12 months or so I prise open the lid and use some for a few jobs I've
saved up, then after use carefully tap the lid all around the edge to make
sure it seals well. The cement is as liquid as it was when purchased and
there is no solidified cement in the can or on its sides. If only all
adhesives were so reliable and could be packaged so effectively!

Yeah-but, the "super" glue and airplane-model glue
formulas are much more aggressive.

It is really annoying to go around with this tube
permanently stuck in my nostril.

--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/