Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Question About Homeowners Insurance

Is it cheaper to insure a home built in 1984 or 1993?

The reason I ask is, my home was built in '84 but my policy says it was

built in '93.

There is a discount for "age of dwelling". Is this discount because the

home is considered a newer home (1993) or is this discount because it's

considered an older home (1993)?

Will my insurance be less if I call and correct the problem?

I need all the help I can get, I'm in Florida and they have just
DOUBLED the premium AND the deductible even though I have never had a
claim.