Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Cinder Block Wall Repair

Obviously you need a prof engineer to look at the wall. If you have to
replace it you might consider an interlocking wall instead. Anchor Block is
one brand. Some of their high end materials look like stone. I just had one
put up (a retaining wall) and it looks great. But it has to be done right.

wrote in message
oups.com...
We recently purchased a house in (earthquake prone) Southern
California. The property is surrounded by a 6' cinder block wall,
built around the same time the house was (1965). It has become apparent
to me that the wall was constructed without rebar or concrete
reinforcement and, in a few places a couple courses of block have
fallen off. My question is if it is possible to retro-fit the wall to
make it secure. In other words, can the decorative course of brick at
the top be removed, rebar and concrete added to stabilize the wall or,
should the whole thing be removed and rebuilt?

Thanks,

Ron