Slowbloke

Default Screw Fix delivery times

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:48:04 +0000 (UTC), Maximus Glutimus
wrote:

I have only ever ordered from Screw Fix 4 times before and every time
their next day delivery has not materialised. it has always taken
between 3 and 5 days?

So this time I paid extra for before noon 12 next day delivery in the
mistaken belief that may parcel would turn up.
I waited in all day yesterday and nothing turned up !! I live in
London!!
I rang Screw Fix who said it was with Parcel Force.

I rang Parcel force today and they said It was still with Screw fix?????

This can happen with any given courier they use in any given area,
although this should be less the case with PF as they are not a
franchise as far as I know. You need to specify not PF next time you
order then see what happens. Eventually you'll find one courier who
really works in your area, and then you'd do best to stick with them
all the time.

When I order from SF now I always stipulate to be sent via Parcel
Force as in my area, they are absolutely everything you could ever
want, Punctual, fast, take good care of stuff and polite, more than
this they are reliable, but it's HERE that's the big word, I'm sure
they're dreadful elsewhere! Around here, ANC are slow and lynx are
slow and reckless (destroyed order last time - pix available, but grim
viewing!). However this is only for my particular area. As it happens
Lynx don't have a franchisee in this patch at present so it's no
wonder they are no good around here, by their won admission, they have
agency drivers only here and they don't know the area at all most of
the time.

I have wasted a whole day off and Screw Fix have still not delivered!!
but they have offered to refund my £4 postage for before 12 noon
delivery cost!!!!

Well good on them for that, they would be unlikely to be paying it
anyway under the circumstances, so they may as well not charge you for
it either.

they say they have 97% next day delivery, this can't be true.

I've had at least that myself with them, but then I do make a point of
telling them who I want delivering it. Not everyone would, and on the
times I've forgotten, I have not been as happy as I might have been!
My fault entirely for not saying PF on the delivery notes section of
the order page.

Would I be right to demand compensation?

No, not really, they got a set of disclaimers in clear view about
this. If you did, then you'd be trying it on really; you're not a
chancer are you? ;O)
Bye now!
Slowbloke