Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default saw something really unsafe yesterday:(

wrote in message
oups.com...
Went to dinner at a local pizza hut. It was a zoo being valentines day.

I noted they replaced all their outdoor accent light bulbs with compact
fluroscents, a good move to save energy

However they are all mounted upside down All of my compact
fluroscents warn not to do this. I figure the heat rising from the lamp
will overheat the ballast built inside the lamp base.
worse all of these fixtures are sealed glass rounds so there is little
or no natural air circulation.

Is this a fire hazard and who should I inform?

Do *all* compact fluorescents have to be used with the base down?