Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,alt.engineering.electrical
Roy L. Fuchs

Default Repairing a TV remote control - new LED

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:46:25 GMT, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Hardly. LEDs are MUCH more efficient than they were 15 years ago.

They are also being fed more current. DOH!

Not
to mention that the LED in the remote may be below 50% of its original
brightness due to being driven hard.

May be? Do you know ANYTHING about the drive circuitry in question?
"Driven hard"? Such remotes are designed to last at least a decade
and their MTBF is NOT related to the LED.

Q. What is the spec of the infrared LED I need to get?

I don't recommend the change, so I will stop here.

Good for you

**** you asshole! You don't get to claim to be diplomatic in one
part of a post, then turn into an asshole at will without being called
on it. **** off!