Tim Williams

Default Spam from Korea

Set your filters so that if it detects any of the myriad extended
characters (e.g. µ, Ò, §, ë, etc...) in the subject line, trash it.
Problem solved.

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
Is anyone besides me getting a spam from Korea which you can't get rid of
it? Twice now I have received one, which, once clicked on to delete,
automatically sends you to a porno web site. Once there, there's no way

get rid of it, at least not with my limited experience with computers.
Three times I just turned off the computer then waited while it did a
Scandisk to verify for errors. Out of frustration, I finally deleted

the
Korea folder, which got rid of the email, then remade the Korea folder.
For the past year I've been shuttling the spam from Korea to a folder,

where
I do a bulk delete to simplify getting rid of the unwelcome garbage. It
makes me wonder aloud why I didn't (and now don't) simply send them to the
deleted items file.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm about up to my ears with junk mail

and
spam. So far as the phone goes, I no longer answer it. We screen the
calls with a message on our answering machine that tells friends to

identify
themselves, and for solicitors to hang up, that we do not accept calls

from
solicitors. It's surprisingly effective. Only about a half dozen
solicitors have talked to the machine in the past year or so. For the
most part, they comply by hanging up. Still, it's clearly a PIA to have

resort to such tactics. Seems we, the law abiding citizens, have given up
all our rights so those that prefer to live outside the law are guaranteed
they collect all of theirs. I clearly do not see how anyone has the

right
to disrupt my privacy, especially in an attempt to sell me aluminum

siding,
for which I have absolutely no need.

At what point will the lawmakers pull their heads out of their asses?

Comments?

Harold