Posted to rec.woodworking
gary in virginia

Default 5 Besseys for $78

"Gary in Virginia" wrote in message
link.net...
"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:26:15 -0500, eclipsme wrote:

OK. I tried too, but couldn't get the correct discount. Which 24" clamp
needs to be ordered?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000224BB/103-4020320-8242250?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=228013

Bessey K3.524 24" Max Opening K-Body Clamp

Have fun!

Barry

Amazon seems to have recently limited their offer of one free 24 incher
per customer. Yesterday, I placed two orders for one 40", two 31", and
one 24" and an incidental item to bring the total above $125 (four sanding
belts for my Delta drum sander and a box of pocket hole screws in order
number two.) Order number one went through the first time with no problem.
Order number two would not go through at all under my log in. It kept
giving me an error regarding the 24" clamp. I tried altering the order
that the promotional codes were entered and I tried 3 different computers
thinking Amazon was blocking my IP address after the first order. Nothing
worked. Finally I logged in under my daughter's account and submitted the
order with no problem. I chose the above size combination e ven though I
received one less clamp, because I have an adequate quanity of 24" but
limited number of 40" and no 31".

Order number one:
Item(s) Subtotal: $138.25
Shipping & Handling: $22.02
Super Saver Discount: $-22.02
Promotional Certificate: $-25.44
Promotional Certificate: $-30.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $82.81
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $82.81

order number two:
Item(s) Subtotal: $130.85
Shipping & Handling: $26.37
Super Saver Discount: $-26.37
Promotional Certificate: $-25.44
Promotional Certificate: $-30.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $75.41
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $75.41

Gary in Virginia

If I was an investment advisor, I would recommend short-selling Amazon.com.
I just got notice that eight of the 10 items I ordered just shipped today,
in EIGHT different UPS shipments. I heard earlier this month that sales
and profits were down significantly. I know I've cut back on purchases
since it seems their prices went up and free shipping and promotions
declined. Then they do stupid things such as give $100 off on a $220
nailer/compressor combo. Like I said, sell short 'cause they is going down'
IMHO. Disclaimer: Consult you investment advisor.

Gary in Virginia