jim rozen

Default stopping a diesel

In article , Engineman1 says...

My circuit would consist of dpdt relays and time delay relays.

Ah, oops. Most of the present time delay relays (the
square white ones, with the black knob on top) are
solid state inside. They have semiconductors inside.
You have to go back to the older, all-glass tube type
time delay relays to achieve your goal then.

I think there's at least one member of the ng here
who would be first (second?) to point out that relays
and mechanical switches have a poorer fail rate in
the field than properly designed solid state circuitry.
Even more so for consumer grade, unsealed relays
that are pressed into service in marine applications.

If you want reliable, you need to be able to figure
out a way to do this without electricity. No solenoid.

Jim

please reply to: