Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson

Default Fireproof tape?

"Tony" wrote in message

I'm running HT cables and for part of the way they will be running just
along the floor against the brickwork of my fireplace landing. I use the
fireplace, and occasionally an ember or two will fly out and hit the
fireproof throw that is on the floor in front of the fireplace. I'd like

find something I could use to wrap the cables in, that would not melt if

hit
by an ember. I also would not want it to melt against the cables. My plan

is
to wrap that portion of the cables that is within flying distance of any

embers.

This is the wrong solution. If embers fly out of your
fireplace you should instal a fireguard to prevent this
(rather than trying to cover flammable items elsewhere.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs