Paul Batozech

Default Spam from Korea

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

Is anyone besides me getting a spam from Korea which you can't get rid of
it? Twice now I have received one, which, once clicked on to delete,
automatically sends you to a porno web site. Once there, there's no way to
get rid of it, at least not with my limited experience with computers.
Three times I just turned off the computer then waited while it did a
Scandisk to verify for errors. Out of frustration, I finally deleted the
Korea folder, which got rid of the email, then remade the Korea folder.
For the past year I've been shuttling the spam from Korea to a folder, where
I do a bulk delete to simplify getting rid of the unwelcome garbage. It
makes me wonder aloud why I didn't (and now don't) simply send them to the
deleted items file.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm about up to my ears with junk mail and
spam. So far as the phone goes, I no longer answer it. We screen the
calls with a message on our answering machine that tells friends to identify
themselves, and for solicitors to hang up, that we do not accept calls from
solicitors. It's surprisingly effective. Only about a half dozen
solicitors have talked to the machine in the past year or so. For the
most part, they comply by hanging up. Still, it's clearly a PIA to have to
resort to such tactics. Seems we, the law abiding citizens, have given up
all our rights so those that prefer to live outside the law are guaranteed
they collect all of theirs. I clearly do not see how anyone has the right
to disrupt my privacy, especially in an attempt to sell me aluminum siding,
for which I have absolutely no need.

At what point will the lawmakers pull their heads out of their asses?

Comments?

Harold

Harold

Couldn't agree more. The legislatures and judges all seem to be the
puppets of corporations and special interest groups these days. The
general population is just fodder for all there marketing schemes, no
wonder we're all labeled as 'consumers'.

Prime example from the other day, some imbecile judge can say bothering
my privacy several times a day with a phone I pay for is free speech,
WTF! This after Congress actually did the unheard of and passed a law
,in 24 hrs no less, to allow do not call lists after some other judge
tossed them out on a technicality, unbelievable. If my next door
neighbor called me several times a day I could get an injunction against
him, maybe get him tossed in jail. Then the damn telemarketers hide
behind that 'throw old ladies and single moms out of work' bull**** and
I'm really ready to go ballistic. On top of that I'm actually expected
to be polite to these morons when they call in the middle of dinner, or
after I had to work all night and my sleep is interrupted. I suppose a
cure for the common cold would be suppressed because it would mean the
end of the cough syrup industry. It's time the average citizen took back
this country.

Ok, rant off...

Regards
Paul
It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.