Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,alt.engineering.electrical
Roy L. Fuchs

Default Repairing a TV remote control - new LED

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:31:12 GMT, Zak Gave us:

Apart from cleaning my TV remote control (see other thread) I
would like to put in a more powerful infrared LED

It is more complicated than that. It is designed for the one it has
AND is likely not going to feed more power to a different one without
adjusting the circuitry.

The remote control is about 10 to 15 years old. The spec is
below. Note that I am in the UK.

I would guess I can get an LED nowadays which draws the same power
as the orignal LED but with a noticeably better light output.

Not really how it works. The improvements made on some products, or
components are only in the lifespan arena. Also, the circuit would
likely have to push more.

Q. What is the spec of the infrared LED I need to get?

I don't recommend the change, so I will stop here.

snip remainder.