Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,alt.engineering.electrical
Zak

Default Repairing a TV remote control - new LED

Apart from cleaning my TV remote control (see other thread) I
would like to put in a more powerful infrared LED

The remote control is about 10 to 15 years old. The spec is
below. Note that I am in the UK.

I would guess I can get an LED nowadays which draws the same power
as the orignal LED but with a noticeably better light output.

Q. What is the spec of the infrared LED I need to get? Here is
one LED I came across. Is it ok? http://tinyurl.com/d3qcp
And here is a list of half a dozen other infrared diodes which I
can get relatively easily: http://tinyurl.com/8heeq

Q. Maybe I can put in a LED which actually draws a bit more power
than the original one?

Q. Is the way to do it to put two LEDS in parallel?

COuld anyone kindly advise me. Thanks.

Zak

-------------- SPEC OF REMOTE CONTROL ------------

UK Sony television.

Remote control model is:
Sony RM-657
3 volts
Is original remote control

On circut board it says:
1-598-168-12
1-623-978-12
RC

RCW
K PEI 208 02
K PEI 207 02.

Single chip on circuit board:
BU3870F
033 079

For Sony TV model:
KV-M19TU
BE-1 chassis

Remote control Sony RM-694 also works on this TV
but is not the original one.