Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default desolder pump repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
I seem to recall years ago, using a tiny smear of washing up liquid on
car brake cylinder seals, to get them to fit onto the pistons, and then
go into the cylinders. I think it was one of those auto mechanics'
trade tips.

Ug. I'd be wary of introducing anything untested into a car's braking
system. The correct thing for this is red rubber grease which you can get
from a good motor accessory shop, etc. It comes in small tubes or tubs
similar to general purpose grease, and is always useful for other apps - I
keep a tub in the workshop.

I used to simply use brake fluid on the cylinder if it was sticking a bit.
It was a tip I got from a mechanic, I don't know if it was a good one or not
;-)

Dave.