Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default Old Mitsubishi big screen FIXED!!

If the electrician observes the problem and does not report it to the
client, then he has an ethical and professional deficiency. If the client
does not want to pay to correct the problem or correct it himself, then it
is not the electricians problem.

I would say that installing a new ground electrode would require the
transfer of existing ground leads to the new electrode. I do not think that
the electrician would be required to find all other systems that are not
properly grounded and add the lines to correct it, but if the problem is
obvious, this may be another matter. A good electrician should probably
look, but a lot of electricians have no idea that cable and satellite
installers are often installing systems without proper grounding, without
proper training, and often without the proper licensing.

Leonard

wrote in message
oups.com...
I suspect the cable and electrical services were installed at different
times. The cable, not being changed is probably still grounded to a
cold water pipe somewhere.

Basically the cable installer could'e been there ten years ago, and a
new main box was installed. At that point the electricians are not the
ones to ground the cable system.

Or are they ? Now there's a question, if I were an eletrcian and
installed a new service entrance box along with a new ground, is it my
job to transfer the CATV and telephone grounds, or is that the
responsability of those respective companies ?

I actually could see situations where true blame could never be placed,
this because of changing times, perhaps because of older dwellings etc.

JURB