Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default The $29.95 Angle Drill continued

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:52:51 -0800, "Derek & Sara Hartzell"
wrote:

I guess I don't see what the attraction is with angle drills. They seem
like knuckle busters and have a built in problem with the bearing. I have a
Makita 6501 which is a nice light 1/4" drill that I have been very happy
with and have used for 500+ bowls with no repairs.

I use both...
I find that for deep bowls the conventional drill reaches the bottom easier
without using extension pads.. also ok for outside of bowls..

the right angle/close quarter is comfortable and balanced for longer use and
just feels more natural when sanding inside bowls, as long as the bowl is big
enough to get it into.. YMWV
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis