Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk

Default OT - Tim Daneluk

Joe Barta wrote:

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

If our
dysfunctional education system (which more-or-less-fails the
impoverished anyway) still manages to make us a successful
culture, imagine what a *Better* (not perfect) system could do.

Let me ask you further, what would you hope to achieve by implementing
a "better" system? What is better? How would we know it was better?
What are the benefits of better?

Joe Barta

"Better" is one whe

1) Parents are expected to care for their own children.
2) Parents are more directly involved with the content and quality
of their childrens' education.
3) The knowledge base, analytical skills, and self-learning habits
of the students are increased (compared to today).
4) Teachers are compensated according to ability and their work product
not treated like hourly factory workers. Good teachers prosper
bad ones get fired.
5) Schools have the ability to maintain an environment of learning not
be a dumping ground for parents to abdicate their own responsibilities.
6) Government presence in the private lives of its citizens is reduced.
7) Wealth redistribution at the point of the government's gun is
reduced.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/