Posted to rec.woodworking
scott

Default OT - My best friend is gone...

"Upscale" wrote in message
wrote in message
But once again for you, I am sorry for your loss. The best thing about
it though, in just a short while you won't remember anything at all
negative about him and he will always be the pet you love so much in
your memory.

Losing a pet is really tough. Having to take your pet to the vet to put it
down is even harder, but it's helping to end the pain that your loved one
is
in, much as you hurt. Most of the hurt will eventually go away, but not
all
of it. I adopted a cat I'd seen online at a local animal shelter six
months
ago because she looked so much like the one I had that died twenty years
ago. When I called the shelter to inquire, they told me she was pretty
sick
and might not make it. All those two weeks waiting to see if she got
better
was hell. But, she did get better and right now she's sleeping between my
arms as I'm typing this message.

If I could trust my best friend to make the call to put an end to my
suffering when the time comes, then my last memory would be of love.

Sorry for your loss, but you have done the right thing by your son and your
dog.

Scott