Posted to alt.math,sci.math,sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Omndiagonal Serialization and Monitor Design

(I) wrote:
Hell(o), alt.math, sci.math, and sci.electronic.design.

I have put my machine tool interests on the back burner and am pursuing
a monitor, video, and data format I think I may have come up with
originally, although some of it is known.

What I want to do is build some wave files and display them on my Tek
541 oscilloscope to start with.. They will have x and y values between
the extremes of plus and minus 15 bits (+- 32,767) at CD audio rate
(44.1 kss) on the left and right audio channels. I will use Mathcad to
compute the values to be converted from digital to analog audio.

CRTs are required for this method. It's not relevant to plasma or LCD
displays, although an extension to video compression could be
implemented in software and compressed video displayed on CRT, LCD,
plasma, or any other display. Also, it might be fun to produce a
display for Microsoft Media Player or another player using this method,
deflecting the trace normal to its direction of movement.

Does any media player you know of accept drop-ins or plug-ins that
provide a display to accompany audio?

Here's what I found.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...enderabout.asp

Doug