Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Default Part P conudrum.....

John Rumm wrote:
Tim S wrote:

Besides, the royals surrendered a great deal of land in exchange for the
civil list, so it's not like they are total spongers.

What was the estimated cost published recently? 64p/year per person
IIRC. Sounds like very good value to me!

Is that figure derived simply by dividing the cost of their upkeep by
the number of people? Don't forget that there are a great many people
in this country who don't pay tax - and not only are us taxpayers paying
for their upkeep we are also paying the 64p for the upkeep of the royal
family too.