Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default tractor alternator

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
ended up designing a new regulator (based on an earlier Lucas design) and
fitting it _eternally_.

That would be due to the loose nut involved in the installation then?

Bleeding spool cheekers. ;_)

Rover cars are like Victorian pine floors.

Most people simply throw them away, but there is always someone
somewhere who thinks that spending more man hours on them than were ever
spent on their original construction will turn a sows ear into a
lambswool mitten...

I had sucessively two different models of the P6 - both 3500, but one
manual and one auto over about 15 years and they were little trouble.

The SD1 is simply fun to drive. ;-)

--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.