Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tek2215a maximum intensity problem

Hi,

got a Tek 2215a to repair. At start, caps on +5V was dead, making a
direct link between +5 and ground.

now I can see lines or signals on crt but wit maximum intensity, which
is not good.

Z-Axis logic is ok, if I turn either A or B intensity channel I can see
signal amplitude changing.
So problem comes from DC restorer, but even with service manual, I
can't see what's going wrong.

At the DC restorer's output (control grid) I only have the DC
component (which is -2 kv ??!!) and AC component from Z-Axis logic is
not here anymore. So I thought somes diodes where out but I checked
caps resistors and diodes all components seems to be ok. Also I checked
connection between DC restorer and CRT wires are's ok too. What can be
the problem ???

thanks and sorry for english level

Laurent