Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default CD player Repair

"subseb" wrote in message
reenews.net...
My Rotel RCD-02 (which is similar to the RCD 961 / RCD971 in europe)
is no longer playing compact dics.

Unfortunately this may be due to my own fault as the unit was left
switched on and placed on top of my Marantz class A amp which gets
extremely hot. I am wondering if the extending periods of heat have
caused premature failure of the laser diode. The unit is two years
old and hasn't been used that much.

First thing to suspect when a switched off appliance has been subjected to
heat and no longer works- dried out electrolytic capacitors. Most other
components won't care about being heated, within moderation.

Dave