Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - My best friend is gone...

Sorry about your buddy, Greg. I know when I put my old Shephard down,
it was harder than anything I could have imagined. Until he couldn't,
a snap of the fingers and that dog was at my side, no matter what.

I do think they get senile, and suffer from mental imfirmaries just as
humans do. So does the vet that takes care of our little mini cockers.
After 12 years of being together, they are starting to fight like hell
and actually hurting each other. The vet told me that they are indeed
old, and they probably are hurting to some extent (one has pretty bad
back problems we are controlling with meds) from different joint aches
and pains.

They are getting meaner and crankier, and I am wondering how much
longer this will go on.

But once again for you, I am sorry for your loss. The best thing about
it though, in just a short while you won't remember anything at all
negative about him and he will always be the pet you love so much in
your memory.

Robert