Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris

Default OT motor scooter tyre valve

dave wrote:
OT
Can someone tell me if the valve core on a (50cc Yamaha) motor scooter is
replacable? The tyre is fine but bubbles come from the valve core in the
"under-water" test. I can't see any way of unscrewing it so maybe a whole new
valve needed? (Just trying to avoid taking it to the garage)
Thanks

Is it not the same type of valve as a car tyre valve (most motorcycles /
mopeds IME are)?

On a car type valve, the centre core unscrews with a tool with two
prongs - if you look into the valve, you will see a metal bar that goes
across the valve - the prongs go either side of this. The 'tool' can be
built into the back end of a tyre valve dustcap or the protective cap on
a tyre pressure gauge, or you may be able to get one from Halfords. You
might also be able to use a pair of fine tweezers.

HTH

Chris

--
Cut along the dotted line to reply