Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M.

Default Link Garage Lights to Garage Opener?

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
GoHabsGo wrote:
What's the best way to link up the garage lights to a garage opener?
Our opener has very poor source of light. I would like the overhead
lights to turn on when the garage door opens. Is there some kind of
device that I can add to the switch that can be activated in
conjunction with the opener?

Thanks,

Larry

You might want to try substituting CF (compact florescent) lamps for
the light you now have. Use as high a wattage CF as you can find that
will fit and is not greater than the max indicated for the fixture. That
will usually give you 3-7 times more light.

....but they don't work too well in cold weather, and may not work at all
with motion-sensing switches.