Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Charles Spitzer

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:16:31 +0000, Pooh Bear
wrote:

phorbin wrote:

In article ,
says...

So, assuming no dispute and solid science, why is it that the term
"Climate
Change" is becoming the preffered term these days??

Because it's easier to pretend that "climate change" has nothing to do
with industry, oil, fossil fuels etc.? Some PR maven probably cooked
it
up as part of a disinformation campaign.

How about because it's a more accurate description ? It isn't as simple
as plain
'warming'. If the UK loses the Gulf Stream we'll be damn sight colder !

Graham

The jet stream has not dipped down into Arizona in months... the
result... 118 days without rain so far, and more moderate
temperatures... "three bears" style, just right ;-)

If this persists, our east coast and England and parts of Europe are
going to be damned cold.

...Jim Thompson

Can you educate me as to the influence of the jet stream on your local
weather ? I'm
unfamiliar with this effect.

Graham

it dips down, and influences where the storms from the pacific off
california go. if it dips down into the US too far from the west cost, the
storms which are getting dragged along with it miss the rockies, meaning
that az/co/nm don't get any snow/rain.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts